[HECnet] hecnet partially unreachable

Supratim Sanyal supratim at riseup.net
Mon Oct 1 04:04:17 PDT 2018

Hi,

The following is available for use as a backup instead of bridge.c. if
needed temporarily. There are no advantages over bridge.c in terms of
potential ethernet loopback etc. problems. But it should establish a
connection to HECnet via one of my VAX instances (IMPVAX at present).

# /usr/local/bin/vde_switch -t vde-decnet-tap0 -s /tmp/vde-decnet.ctl -m
666 --mgmt /tmp/vde-decnet.mgmt --mgmtmode 666 --daemon --fstp
# /usr/sbin/ip link set vde-decnet-tap0 up
# /usr/bin/dpipe /usr/bin/vde_plug /tmp/vde-decnet.ctl = /usr/bin/ssh
sanyalnet-cloud-vps2.freeddns.org /usr/local/bin/vde_plug
/tmp/vde-decnet.ctl

Ubuntu users can simply "apt-get download vde2"; CentOS etc. users can
easily build vde2 from source. The pathnames in the command lines above
may need adjustment (I think Ubuntu puts vde2 binaries in /usr/bin).

Regards,

Supratim

--
Sent via Thunderbird for Windows 10 on Lenovo Legion Y720