[HECnet] Multics online as node 1.770 (BANAI)

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Fri Sep 7 10:43:48 PDT 2018

> On Sep 7, 2018, at 1:22 PM, Dave Wade <dave.g4ugm at gmail.com> wrote:

X.25 is a bit of a mess.  Mostly it's a datalink.  If you squint you can think of it as a network layer protocol for endnodes only.  X.25 doesn't appear inside the network; I vaguely remember references to "X.75" for that.  It looks a lot like the data analog of conventional telephone networks: it describes the wire to the exchange, and how you dial phone calls and what phone numbers look like.

	paul