[HECnet] Thursby TSSnet (was: Re: Sunlink DNA)

Jeffrey H. Johnson jhj at trnsz.com
Mon Sep 24 18:08:40 PDT 2018

> On Sep 24, 2018, at 8:39 PM, Zane Healy <healyzh at avanthar.com> wrote:
>
> It would be interesting to see if anyone can at least find binaries for the TSS DECnet product, if TSS would be willing to make a hobbyist license available, it would be cool to play with.  From a practical standpoint, it has no commercial value at this point, since it’s pre-MacOSX.

It would be nice, and I think they would be willing to do so, if the packages could be found.

Just to add, their product was highly portable - they did releases for UNIX systems (SunOS, AIX, etc.) and other ports as well, such as AmigaOS.

> Oddly enough, I want to say that I bought a license for DAVE from them, for the purpose of accessing a Samba Share on VMS.  At least that’s the only reason I can think of, at this point, why I’d have purchased a copy. :-)

I seem to recall that DAVE was once a popular product - or at least highly advertised.

--
Jeffrey H. Johnson
jhj at trnsz.com
https://ban.ai/multics