[HECnet] DAP

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Tue Dec 10 15:39:40 PST 2019

On 2019-12-11 00:34, Thomas DeBellis wrote:
[...]

> What is the difference in practice between functions 7 (SUBMIT) and 8
> (EXECUTE)?  In both cases, Tops-20 submits the file as a Batch job to
> Galaxy, this being the only way to construct the proper user context.

In RSX, SUBMIT would be something placed in a batch queue, but EXECUTE
would be something that was run directly, if I remember right. (I could
be confused.) You do not need a user context in the same sense under RSX
in order to run programs. Such program would be run under the console
terminal.

Not sure about VMS.