[HECnet] Multinet Mail

Kurt Hamm kurt at hamm.me
Thu Jun 6 12:20:36 PDT 2019

I misspoke when I said gmail.  It ultimately gets to a gmail account, but
not directly.

I configured my postfix mail on my external server to trust the VAX IP
Address, so it doesn't ask for authentication.
Then configured Multinet as described here:

$ MULTINET CONFIGURE/MAIL
MAIL-CONFIG> SET FORWARDER name-of-forwarder
MAIL-CONFIG> SET FORWARD-REMOTE-MAIL TRUE
MAIL-CONFIG> EXIT
$ @MULTINET:START_SMTP

name-of-forwarder=external mail server IP address.
That takes care of outbound mail.

For inbound mail, I created a mail routing rule to route all email from a
specific domain to the VAX SMTP port.  The VAX looks for a valid user and
delivers the mail.  It discards anything else.

Kurt