[HECnet] KLH10 noob questions

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Sun Mar 10 07:40:40 PDT 2019

As far as I am aware, it was never supported to have more than one
NIA-20 on a KL10.

Also, since I think that TOPS-20 is endnode only, I suspect it would be
of limited use, had it even been supported.
(Yes, you could have had a second interface for just fallback, in case
the first one broke, but it was rare that you would have two separate
ethernets in the first place, so then it would only be if the NIA-20
itself broke, but then you'd probably want to power down the machine
anyhow.)

I know of KLH10s, but I don't know if any have a guest account.
Although, I'm not sure what you think you would see from inside TOPS-20.

But it's a good question if there is any TOPS-20 machine on HECnet with
guest account. I guess it could be interesting for others to just
experience what TOPS-20 looks and feels like.
I don't have any myself.

   Johnny