[HECnet] KLH10 noob questions

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Sun Mar 10 08:48:29 PDT 2019

Hi.

On 2019-03-10 16:40, Supratim Sanyal wrote:
>  > Hum... The Panda release would be MRCs stuff. Wasn't that for the KS?
>  > Maybe I'm misremembering. MRC did play with KLH10 as well, I seem to
>  > remember.
>
> Yup - found it at http://panda.trailing-edge.com/

Ah. Great.

> It appears he is not with us any more, sad to have read that. You guys
> must have known him personally.

Yeah, sad. Quite a few years now. I never met him in person, as he lived
in Seattle, and I never came around to there until just a few years ago.
But we had lots of mail exchanges over the years.

> Anyway, some folks ported it to the Raspberry Pi - Posted by Jordi
> Guillaumes Pons' post is awesome, as is this one I don't know who wrote
> this: http://www.ldx.ca/notes/tops-20-notes.html

Cool.

>> As far as basics of TOPS-20 goes... Wow. That could be a big subject.
>> Make sure you have an account with the WHEEL bit set. Then enable the
>> privileged commands (it was either ENABLE or ^E ENABLE). After that,
>> you could go into OPR to start fooling around with operator stuff.
>>  From OPR, you can then get into NCP for DECnet stuff, for example.
>>

> Awesome - every bit helps; am learning fast! Thanks Johnny.

TOPS-20 is really cool, but it's hard to sum up like this. But all the
manuals are around...