[HECnet] Event Announcement: DEC Legacy is back on 9th-10th Nov 2019, Windermere UK

Dave Wade dave.g4ugm at gmail.com
Sat May 18 06:08:14 PDT 2019

Some answers in line....

I would say Manchester.  It has a train station. Its between 2 to 3 hours to Windermere on the train.
I am about 10 mins from the Airport and could possibly give you a lift.

> Which hotel to stay at?

Use a small Bed and Breakfast. There are plenty in Windermere, it’s a summer tourist area and many are still open in November.

> Transportation???

Windermere has a railway station, Once there you can walk most places in Windermere town..

> What is the weather like that time of year?

Changeable. Can be chilly with night frosts.

> You know... just the basics :-)

I hope that’s the basics...

> -Steve

Dave