[HECnet] Linux-DecNet and DecNet for DOS

Gregg Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com
Tue May 21 22:02:14 PDT 2019

Hello!
Right now I am busily trying to get an installation of the Linux for
DecNet code to work on Slackware-11.0 Linux.  The end result there
would be to have it talk to a terminal server, a Model 90L design in
fact. The last time I tried this out it was on a dedicated card
wearing a COAX connector, and in a different machine, again running
Slackware-11.0. It was being uncooperative then. The terminal server
that is.

However I have here both versions of DecNet for DOS that were released
via BitSavers, would any of you know if these individuals running
inside DOSBox would besides working, want to connect to the previously
described Linux application?

I figure if I can get that to work, I can sort out the details for the
currently related problem.

Incidentally I am also seeing if I can get that stuff to build
properly on this laptop inside the WSL instance of SLES12SP3. That way
I can take my problems to my hacker community meetings.
-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com