[HECnet] SCSI2SD for our vintage HECnet systems?

Jason Brady jrbrady65 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 11:46:45 PST 2019

Hello All,

In the interest of keeping our HECnet systems up and running, has anyone
had experience with replacing hard drives with a SCSI2SD device?

This is for an AlphaStation 400 4/233 with 2Gb RZ28E and M drives (Seagate
ST32430N and Quantum), 50-pin connector. Also a DEC 3000 M400 with an RZ26
1Gb drive.

Are the SCSI2SD units fully compatible and reliable?

Can you recommend a particular model/brand that works well with our vintage
DEC systems?

If this has been addressed previously, appreciate a pointer to the
discussion.

Thank you,
Jason