[HECnet] SCSI2SD for our vintage HECnet systems?

Dave Wade dave.g4ugm at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 16:38:28 PST 2019

I have one of the older ones (v5 I think) in a VaxStation 3100 Model 30 because it allows me to define a 1GB disk which the model 30 needs to boot from
Its running the 7.3 from the Hobbyist program and I have had no problems with it.  I also have one on an IBM Microchannel server.
I did have some issues here and had to tweak some timings to get it to work. However, I don't think it was the all the fault of the SCSI2SD.
I had some other disks in a RAID array on a separate controller (which I wanted to back up). Once I put some modern disks in that things settled down
And it all works fine.

Dave