[HECnet] Getting openvms going

Gregg Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 18:19:37 PST 2019

Hello!
Take the publishing trades. My father ran several typesetting houses,
he even did the day to day management for his father my grandfather
and they owned a hotmetal shop. That means Linotype. And eventually
moved towards photo and with them went computers. The programs ran on
both a Nova 2 and then a Nova 3, finally an Eclipse. Eventually the
trade went desktop which was on a Mac using Quark. Now look where we
are.

I have a book on programming in the MS-DOS (!!) world, it was also
done desktop. But the program was the same from the Novas and the
Eclipse, rewritten for the PC. Sadly it never took off.
-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com