[HECnet] simh vax version

Bill Cunningham bill.cu at suddenlink.net
Fri Nov 15 14:39:00 PST 2019

On 11/15/2019 3:13 PM, Mark Pizzolato wrote:
> Hi Bill,
>
> I have no idea what you are actually typing, but this is a session I
> just did on my Android phone (Linux):
>
> Note that the -v switch for tape attaches gets it to be verbose about
> what is going on under the covers.

> Tape Image made from 'sim*' scanned as ANSI-VMS
> format.
> contains 2181744 bytes of tape data (1245 record
> s, 94 tapemarks)

Humm. I  saw something like this. Do you need the exact word? Sure no
problem. But it was something like this, "scanned as simh file (or
format). contains 0 bytes of tape data 0 records 0 tapemarks. " And no
tape available.

Does that help? I can dig it right up, If I can remember how to do it,
lol. And I will.

Bill