[HECnet] simh vax version

Ray Jewhurst raywjewhurst at gmail.com
Sat Nov 16 10:39:30 PST 2019

Hi Mark,
1) I simply downloaded the file from the email using Firefox.
2) Yes I was able to edit it.
3) Here is all my output including the mount, DIR MUA0:/FULL output, and my
attempt at running the script itself

$
Simulation stopped, PC: 9E55993A (MOVAL 9E5606B0[R0],R5)
sim> ATTACH TQ -VF ANSI-VMS Hobbyist-*
HOBBYIST-USE-ONLY-VA.TXT

45 blocks of data
Tape Image made from 'Hobbyist-*' scanned as ANSI-VMS format.
contains 92880 bytes of tape data (54 records, 4 tapemarks)
sim> c

$ mount/over=id mua0:
%MOUNT-I-WRITELOCK, volume is write locked
%MOUNT-I-MOUNTED, SIMH mounted on _TEST$MUA0:
$
$ dir mua0:/full

Directory MUA0:[]

HOBBYIST-USE-ONLY-VA.TXT;1                File ID:  (1,1,1)
Size:           45/45         Owner:    [SYSTEM]
Created:   14-NOV-2019 00:00:00.00
Revised:   <None specified>
Expires:   <None specified>
Backup:    <No backup recorded>
Effective: <None specified>
Recording: <None specified>
File organization:  Sequential
Shelved state:      Online
Caching attribute:  Writethrough
File attributes:    Allocation: 45, Extend: 0, Global buffer count: 0,
Version limit: 0
Record format:      Stream, maximum 512 bytes, longest 512 bytes
Record attributes:  Carriage return carriage control, Non-spanned
RMS attributes:     None
Journaling enabled: None
File protection:    System:RWED, Owner:RWED, Group:RWED, World:RWED
Access Cntrl List:  None
Client attributes:  None

[...]

Total of 2 files, 90/90 blocks.
$ @mua0:Hobbyist-USE-ONLY-VA.TXT
%DCL-E-INVIFNEST, invalid IF-THEN-ELSE nesting structure or data
inconsistency
%DCL-E-INVIFNEST, invalid IF-THEN-ELSE nesting structure or data
inconsistency
These PAKs are for VAX / Alpha Servers only.
$

Now I did notice that it dir'ed as two files.  Is that normal?

Thanks,

Ray