[HECnet] simh latest master

Bill Cunningham bill.cu at suddenlink.net
Tue Nov 26 17:33:21 PST 2019

On 11/26/2019 6:57 PM, Mark Pizzolato wrote:
> Not much of substance has changed, but the request is potentially relevant anyway.
>
> Bill,
>
> Choice #1
> 	- since you're not changing anything in the source base, you can
>                    just remove the directory you cloned into previously and repeat
>                   what you did previously to clone the repo.
>
> Choice #2
> 	- I've no idea what you would do with a GUI since there are several,
>                   each with potentially different UI mechanics.  So, presuming you're
>                   working with git directly from a command line, this is what it takes:
>
> 		$ cd directory-you-cloned-into
> 		$ git pull https://github.com/simh/simh
> 		$ make vax
> 		$ [...]
>
> - Mark

I tried that and the response was not a git directory and something
about .git

The invisible files .gitattributes and .gitignore are there.

This could be because I did remove the directory after there were the
changes so things could run in root. I thought I would try it, so I re
unziped the simh-master. Hmm I might've screwed things up. I just wanted
to get the latest. I used 'unzip -a'

Bill