[HECnet] Multinet for VMS?

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Sat Apr 4 17:38:51 PDT 2020

On 2020-04-05 02:36, Supratim Sanyal wrote:
> On 4/4/20 8:27 PM, Johnny Billquist wrote:
>> I wasn't thinking that I'd run them in parallel. Doubt that would even
>> work...
>>
>> Now I just need to dig out my old Hobbyist License number and see if
>> it is still valid. It goes back to when DEC and DECUS existed, and was
>> through the various DECUS chapters back in the day... I haven't even
>> touched it in quite a while (tells you how often I run VMS...)
>
> Johnny - if it would help, I can bring up a SIMH VAX on a VPS in Canada
> with MULTINET installed and you can do whatever you like with it. Just
> let me know the area/node and remote IP and Port for MULTINET and give
> me a few hours to get on it later tonight if you want to pursue that path.

That could be a quicker way of doing something... Let me check a few
things now, and I'll come back on that offer if I still need it.

At the moment I've realized that there is something else/more I would
like to investigate which could be done with the help of Paul and a
little hacking in PyDECnet...

   Johnny