[HECnet] FW: [Hobbyist-Users] Re: Good news from VSI

Keith Halewood Keith.Halewood at pitbulluk.org
Wed Apr 22 07:12:44 PDT 2020

FYI

From: Hunter Goatley [mailto:goathunter at goatley.com]
Sent: 22 April 2020 15:10
To: Hobbyist-Users at lists.process.com
Subject: [Hobbyist-Users] Re: Good news from VSI

Sorry for the second message, but I wanted to clear up a couple of questions I've gotten.

The text I sent came from VSI's website:

https://vmssoftware.com/new/about/news/

Someone asked me if this would include VAX hardware. I know no more about VSI's plans than what is on their website, but to my knowledge, VSI does not have the rights to the VAX code, nor do they physically have the VAX code. I'm assuming that VAX hardware will not be included, but since VSI has not released any more details, I have no idea for sure. I hope something is done by HPE and/or VSI to allow VAX hardware to still be used. Time will tell.

Hunter