[HECnet] VMS/RSX Guest accounts

Thomas DeBellis tommytimesharing at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 19:33:43 PDT 2020

Yes, MIT-MC was a KL, but I had forgotten about the 1822 interface.
Some of MIT's ITS machines (PDP-6, KA's, KL) eventually became 2020's.
I don't remember what XX (or EECS) were transmogrified into.  Everything
on the ARPAnet ran NCP before TCP/IP.  I was very sorry to see NCP go as
it was friendlier to 36 bit machines as opposed to IP, which assumes
everything is eight bits.

There were actually two 20's on the ARPAnet at Marlboro.  2102 was
indeed a 2065 with an AN20.  Although it was down the hall from me (I
was on 2116), I never used it because in the evenings you never knew who
was doing monitor development and had left an MDDT  breakpoint
someplace.  The Federal Systems groups system was a 2020, but that area
was deserted after an hour into 2nd shift.

I can't remember how the 2020 was connected and I don't remember their
ARPAnet names.  I think one of them was DEC-MARLBORO, I just can't
remember which one!