[HECnet] VMS/RSX Guest accounts --> 2020 memory extension

R. Voorhorst R.Voorhorst at swabhawat.com
Wed Apr 29 11:15:32 PDT 2020

L.S.

The memory extension from 1 --> 2-->4 MW are quite easy to implement within the 2020 KS10 architecture, few extra mapping bits in the CPU and Unibus maps are all that is needed.
Though in current hardware maybe a bit difficult:  2 more bits in the UBA rams, etc. in Simh it is easy to do.

As Tops10 was developed onto KL10 and modified for KS10, the real limits of Tops10 was really the 4 MW barrier i.e. 13 bits versus 11 bits.
The KS10 modifications were relatively simple to adapt to larger sizes,  BOOT inclusive.

R.V.