[HECnet] Hello from New Zealand

Rob Jarratt robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com
Sun Aug 2 02:21:09 PDT 2020

My user mode router runs on Windows.

From: owner-hecnet at Update.UU.SE <owner-hecnet at Update.UU.SE> On Behalf Of
Robert Armstrong
Sent: 02 August 2020 00:41
To: hecnet at Update.UU.SE
Subject: RE: [HECnet] Hello from New Zealand

>if you are in a situation where the machine running your multinet
connection

>may be up/down and this affects your connectivity then my recommendation

> would be to setup a machine running pyDECnet.

  John's biggest problem is that he doesn't have a DVNETRTG license; he only
has an end node.  That means the machine running Multinet can't also talk
over the Ethernet to his other machines at the same time.   pyDECnet would
also solve the problem, but he's running Windows and doesn't have any Linux
machines.

Bob