[HECnet] Configuring py-decnet.

Robert Armstrong bob at jfcl.com
Sat Aug 22 11:59:22 PDT 2020

>rsts/e --> delqua --> virtual tap ethernet --> pydecnet --> real-ethernet --> GRE tunnel.

  FWIW, I don’t believe that the “tap:” support in pyDECnet works out of the box.  There’s a patch for it floating around that somebody did, but I can’t remember who just offhand.  Hopefully somebody can remind me.

  An alternative is to use pcap to connect pyDECnet to a TAP device.  That works just fine, and I use that setup here to connect pyDECnet to a simulated VAX.

Bob