[HECnet] Configuring py-decnet.

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Sat Aug 22 10:13:59 PDT 2020

> On Aug 22, 2020, at 6:29 AM, Thord Nilson <thordn at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello all!
> I am trying to test up decnet iv on a rsts/e 10.1 system on simh and hopefully connect to hecnet. Currently borrowing a node name/number from Peter L.
>
> Is the following setup workable/suitable?
>
> rsts/e --> delqua --> virtual tap ethernet --> pydecnet --> real-ethernet --> GRE tunnel.

That should work.  I'm not sure where the "real Ethernet" comes in.  To talk to a router like a Cisco box?  Ok, or alternatively you can use the GRE support in PyDECnet directly.

Phase IV in RSTS is nearly identical to Phase III.  The main difference of course is area addresses and Ethernet support.  If you have Phase III manuals, you should be able to figure it out I would think.  If you run into issues please post a question, several of us can quickly answer.

	paul