[HECnet] PyDECnet and IPv6

John H. Reinhardt johnhreinhardt at thereinhardts.org
Tue Dec 1 11:18:12 PST 2020

On 12/1/2020 12:45 PM, August Treubig wrote:
> Ubiquity AC Pro access points just run and run.
>
> Aug
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
>> On Dec 1, 2020, at 12:23 PM, Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 12/1/20 1:00 AM, David Moylan wrote:
>>> I use a lot of Cisco enterprise kit. The SOHO stuff as mentioned is just rebadged Linksys and similar - it's in no way similar in any fashion.
>>   Yes.
>>
>>> When I'm not using Cisco, however, my absolute favourite vendor is Ubiquiti. I use a whole range of their products.
>>   Same here.  I recently upgraded a gaggle of Picostation-M2 APs to UniFi APs, both here and at the museum.  They are amazingly good access points.
>>
>>               -Dave
>>
>> --
>> Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
>> New Kensington, PA
I've got an AC Pro as my house wireless AP and using a couple of AC HD access points for a wireless bridge to some room with no hard wire points.  The AC Pro is just loafing with our load but it's been up for 2 years except for two power outages.

I had an Edgerouter Lite for my internet but upgraded to an Edgerouter 4 last year when I set up the VPN to the MacMini Colo in Las Vegas.

Next I have to see if I can put Paul's PyDECnet on it for HECnet routing.

--
John H. Reinhardt