[HECnet] PyDECnet and IPv6

John H. Reinhardt johnhreinhardt at thereinhardts.org
Tue Dec 1 19:32:37 PST 2020

On 12/1/2020 7:18 PM, Paul Koning wrote:

>> On Dec 1, 2020, at 5:15 PM, David Moylan <djm at wiz.net.au> wrote:

Normally that would but the ER series is a little different.  The "firmware" upgrade replaces the whole / file system with pre-packaged installs.  They have a place you can put things to ride out the upgrade though. It's just a pain to do it.  Building on the ERL would be interesting also as it's meant purely as a run environment and most of the build chain doesn't exist and would have to be installed.  At one time when I was messing with the BIND9 DNS server I'd thought about building an ER build virtual machine (it's an ARM CPU) but didn't go through the trouble. I just moved my DNS and DHCP to a RasPi where it's all much easier.

--

John H. Reinhardt