[HECnet] DECnet-10 doesn't work past Nov 9 2021?

Thomas DeBellis tommytimesharing at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 20:52:25 PST 2020

Sure, you can always lie to Tops-10 about the date; but it seems to me
that it might be more friendly to not have it crash, say if some
neophyte is just poking around.

It might be difficult with the KLH micro-engine; as I recall, this gets
the date and time from the host, I forget what happens if you try to
override that.  You can't override it until you're booted, by which time
you've already crashed if somebody wants you to log a DECnet event.

Tops-10 can pull the date from elsewhere (like other processors), but I
don't think that's relevant anymore.