[HECnet] Multinet alternatives ...

Keith Halewood Keith.Halewood at pitbulluk.org
Wed Feb 26 05:15:31 PST 2020

I managed to get the KLH10 emulator compiled and running the Panda distribution of TOPS-20 under Raspbian on a Pi 4 without too much trouble. Its 'dpni20' process has no trouble talking to a TAP device which is bridged with eth0 and thence onto the mixed in-memory/real-ethernet DECnet connection to the HECnet. Admittedly, I'm not that familiar with TOPS-20 or the 'hardware' on which it runs. My main interest was MDL at the time. It's still running as WALACH on the HECnet. My main 'take-away' from the experience was: "HOW many questions do I have to answer in order to create a directory on this thing??"

On the SIMH side of things, I'm a bit stuck getting TOPS-10 running from the DO scripts from the URL.... [I appear to have misplaced this bit of information]

Keith