[HECnet] Multinet alternatives ...

Mark Pizzolato Mark at infocomm.com
Wed Feb 26 07:36:14 PST 2020

On Tuesday, February 25, 2020 at 10:39 AM, Rob Jarratt wrote:
> Mine won't talk to TOPS10/20, yet. I started something on that too if I remember
> correctly, I did build a DDCMP implementation which I think partially worked.
> I think I foundered on just getting DECnet running on TOPS20 on SIMH,
> I did some work with Mark Pizzolato and Timothe Litt to build a KDP emulation,
> but I struggled to keep up with them and gave up in the end. I am not sure where
> that went.

It was your initial work that inspired Tim's complete KDP work (OS DDCMP
implementation) and the full fledged DDCMP in the DMC/DMR devices on the
Unibus PDP and VAX simulators.  To the extent that either of these devices had
OS support in TOPS10/20 they will work fine with whatever version of DECnet
that used them.

- Mark