[HECnet] Multinet alternatives ...

Mark Pizzolato Mark at infocomm.com
Wed Feb 26 17:00:38 PST 2020

He’s programmed an IMP emulation that gateways to an Ethernet.  As I said, this way it ONLY does IP.  The gateway, since it is an Ethernet device does dynamically does ARP for the IP traffic that is presented on what the host sees as a point-to-point link.

A later on project, which we’d like your involvement in, is an IMP connection talking directly to the H316’s recently implemented host interface that Charles Anthony worked out.

Given that the available H316 IMP software isn’t IP capable, that would be for talking NCP.