[HECnet] Mailing list...

Rob Jarratt robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com
Thu Jul 30 23:48:03 PDT 2020

I use a very common ISP (Virgin Media) in the UK. I know that sometimes emails to me get bounced because of DKIM or whatever (I know very little about these things). I know that people in the know think that these spam protection systems are no good, I don't know why because as I said I know little about all this, although it seems to me that the *intent* behind those systems is good. However, it seems to me that, for whatever reason, they are used by a lot of the major ISPs, so might you end up excluding a lot of people if you unsubscribe them for using an ISP that uses these measures?

I really wouldn't want to change my ISP just for one mailing list, because I also get TV and phone all through the same provider, so it would be quite disruptive. But I think it would be good if you were able to tell people that you choose to unsubscribe. I have a Hotmail account I could use instead if I really had to.

Regards

Rob