[HECnet] Mailing list...

Dave Wade dave.g4ugm at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 01:05:32 PDT 2020

Rob (and the others)

Why do you use your ISPs "free" E-Mail accounts when there are good "free" or "cheap" providers.

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2020/02/ofcom-warns-major-uk-broadband-isps-over-charging-for-email.html

and if you don't like a @hotmail.com address why not add an @outlook.com, same servers, better reputation...
... as for "spam detection" systems well they want the headline figure , so the "spam detection rate" to be as high as possible.
Most customers are happy with this and blame the sender if things get blocked when in reality it’s the suppliers over aggressive filters...

Dave

p.s. when talking to suppliers of such systems, I say what happens to important stuff wrongly classed as spam?
Usually they used to tell me it was retained in a folder and could be checked by some minion..
I say so, the Finance Director, who will be paying for this is a bit of a ladies man, gets lewd e-mails from his lady friends who tend to use a different Hotmail account each time?
Will those get filtered and will the minions see those as it could be embarrassing.......

Pps. I now have a fixed IP address but it looks like no VAX licences soon.... Alpha has arrived but I am not leaving it on full time even if it runs ... pic here

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ag4BJfE5B3onmM4SMrRd2aiAnoG2dw?e=UGwLNh