[HECnet] Intermittent Connection with PyDECnet?

Mark J. Blair nf6x at nf6x.net
Mon Mar 2 09:55:30 PST 2020

> On Mar 2, 2020, at 9:45 AM, Thomas DeBellis <tommytimesharing at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Since you and Bob are both HAM's; what is the distance between your stations?  Is IP over radio a ridiculous idea?

DECnet-over-AX25 appeals to my sense of whimsy, even if it's not remotely practical! If Bob and I have a clear line of sight (extremely unlikely), then a microwave link is also possible. I do have a half-finished project to put in a microwave link between my folks' house and mine, but their connectivity isn't much better. They have DSL and a cellular hotspot; at least one of those links is up frequently, but not always. :)

--
Mark J. Blair <nf6x at nf6x.net>
http://www.nf6x.net/