[HECnet] Intermittent Connection with PyDECnet?

Thomas DeBellis tommytimesharing at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 10:37:50 PST 2020

I don't recall how IP over AX.25 is supposed to identify; whether you
have to break and do something voice.

ssh or any other encryption (except perhaps for certificate validation)
is probably out of the question; I don't believe you are allowed to
encrypt payloads.

HECnet is hobbyist-only (or is somebody actually making money here?)
That much of it would probably be within FCC criteria, but you'd have to
put some routing table entries in to make sure that only the DECnet
traffic was going over the radio.

Just what kind of HF agony are we talking here?  110 baud?  I'd say most
things on DECnet are probably fine with 1200 baud except for large file
transfers.