[HECnet] Intermittent Connection with PyDECnet?

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Mon Mar 2 12:03:44 PST 2020

On 2020-03-02 20:57, Robert Armstrong wrote:
>> UDP traffic from several remotes sharing a port would be trickier ...
>
>    Hmm....  On Multinet on VMS that just works.  Don't know how or why (never
> really thought about it), but it does.

Same way my Bridge do. Or RSX do. You look at the source information for
each packet received, and match it against your setup circuits for
receive. For transmit, you know which circuit, and then you can just
look up what remote end you are supposed to send the packet to.
With UDP you can explicitly say to which destination a packet should be
sent. No matter if the socket have been bound to something or not. And
if it hasn't been bound to a remote address, you get all packets from
anywhere. The receive call can provide the source of the packet.