[HECnet] Intermittent Connection with PyDECnet?

Thomas DeBellis tommytimesharing at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 17:16:17 PST 2020

Nope, I forgot.  So now I just did and got the following interesting
selections:

    NCP>set exeCUTOR nODE VENTI2:: ? one of the following:
      ACCOUNT    PASSWORD    USER
       or confirm with carriage return

So I guess that's how Tops-20 parses for it.  So I suppose--assuming
NMLT20 is actually going to swallow this particular parse tree--that
Tops-20 is like RSX and authenticates on a node and not a circuit basis.

When I talk about what was written in BLISS and what wasn't, I am
talking about a /seriously/ long time ago.  The first thing that DEC did
when I started in 1979 was stick me in a BLISS class and the mantra was
BLISS everywhere.   That was over 40 years ago...  I can't even remember
what I had for breakfast yesterday.

Some of the Tops-20 monitor code for DECnet started out and was debugged
under Tops-10.  However, this is Macro-10.