[HECnet] MACRO-11 cross assembler for VMS

Thomas DeBellis tommytimesharing at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 19:01:34 PST 2020

After I hit send, I got to wondering and ...  On Trailing Edge, tape
BB-J724A-SM_1980 contains the IBMSPL sources, including the source code
for the PDP-11 code.

One of the included files is MACDLX.EXE, a MACRO-11 cross-compiler.
This is what I remember using.

I guess I'll load some of that stuff and see what I remember.  If it's
from 1980, then it's going to need patches...  All my careful SPR's...
Of course, then there is the simulated PDP-11 and DTE and simulated IBM
mainframe (maybe running on Hercules).  Ouch.

So I can put up something for you to cross compile on.  Personally, I'd
stick with MIM::. I caught some arcane bugs in Tops-20 DAP with that
fine system. I can give no higher complement to any computer.