[HECnet] The Straw...

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 01:06:44 PDT 2020

That’d be difficult but not impossible. There heavy and plastic so I’d have to pack them very well. Would be an expensive exercise that I’d have to look into.

They are both single PSU HDD shelves that came from an AS4100 originally. They have 68pin interface cards with UHDCI ports but these can easily be swapped provided the disks in the box work with older standards, I swapped one for a 50-pin card to use with the VAXstation and it worked fine. They both have a single PSU module each.

The CD-ROM module is an older teal/beige unit that takes 2x 5.25” units (can’t remember if it’s cabled for both).

I do have all the original 18GB HDD modules from both units although some got the drives swapped out of the cases in favour of larger disks. I held onto all HDDs as they're all original DEC units.

Sent from my iPad