[HECnet] Intermittent Connection with PyDECnet?

Mark J. Blair nf6x at nf6x.net
Tue Mar 10 17:52:40 PDT 2020

> On Mar 10, 2020, at 5:42 PM, Robert Armstrong <bob at jfcl.com> wrote:
>  Don't know for sure about tap devices, but if you're not root you won't be
> able to access the eth device for your physical Ethernet.

By using the -u option when creating the tap for simh to use, I can run a VAX emulation in simh under my regular user account, and it is able to communicate through the bridge device to/from the physical ethernet. I would expect that to also work for pydecnet, but maybe not?

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x at nf6x.net>
http://www.nf6x.net/