[HECnet] KLH-10 TOPS-10 DECnet Executor Configuration Persistence

Thomas DeBellis tommytimesharing at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 06:03:58 PDT 2020

Really?  I never saw any shutdown code in the Tops-20 Galaxy operator
interface, although this always struck me as an obvious place to put
it.  You have to issue the command from the EXEC level (^ECEASE)

The SET keyword is a top-level command in OPRCMD, which then hands off
to secondary parsing in OPRSCM.  The aptly named SETFDB block shows the
keywords that SET will take.  KSYS isn't one of them.

Looks like there are significant differences between the two Galaxies.
Cool.  I'll have to have a closer look at what shipped with the Tops-10
code sometime; there are additional commands for handling FAL which I
had actually been thinking about implementing; maybe I won't need to.