[HECnet] KLH-10 TOPS-10 DECnet Executor Configuration Persistence

G. gerry77 at mail.com
Wed Mar 11 01:05:16 PDT 2020

On Tue, 10 Mar 2020 20:50:15 -0400, Supratim Sanyal wrote:

> KLH-10 TOPS-10 noob questions:
>
> 1) At the TOPS-10 boot startup option prompt, I can type in CHANGE and
> then set the DECnet address. How do I make it persist across reboots and
> not have to do this every time?

As far as I remember, you have to relink the monitor. Same if you want the
emulator to idle when TOPS-10 is doing nothing. If/When you feel confident I
could provide some more help :)

> 3) What is the proper way to shut a KLH-10 PDP-10 running TOPS-10 system
> down?

.R OPR
OPR> SET KSYS NOW

Wait for '-- KSYS processing completed --' then give the 'shut' command at
the 'KLH10>>' emulator prompt (which will return you to the 'BOOT>' prompt)
and finally 'halt' and 'quit' the emulator.

G. :)