[HECnet] long term paks

Thomas DeBellis tommytimesharing at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 13:24:48 PDT 2020

I should add, however, that even IBM has come to understand the value of
having people understanding and adoring their operating systems and
maximizing the knowledgeable user base.  Otherwise, finding people to do
maintenance can be problematic (== $$$) or impossible.

My understanding is that while you can't get the most current version of
the various 390 based OS's, you can get older ones for free for hobbyist
usage.  OK...

In other words, buzz is a good thing.  Perhaps we can hope that VSI will
figure that out.