[HECnet] RSX or RSTS

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Sat Mar 21 10:28:32 PDT 2020

On 2020-03-21 18:22, Thomas DeBellis wrote:
> Not on the 36 bit line, officially, anyway.  Tops-10 and Tops-20 had
> very different file system designs.

Ok, I admit. I totally ignored the 36-bitters here. :-)
Exchanging data with those usually meant DECtape or floppies, since
that's about the only media available on both with some level of
compatibility...
And then you might be talking to the front end, again, which brings us
back to a PDP-11... :-)

Or, maybe the most obvious answer: magtape... Most DEC OSes supported
ANSI magtapes.