[HECnet] DECnet-RT?

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Fri Mar 27 06:44:11 PDT 2020

> On Mar 27, 2020, at 3:59 AM, Johnny Billquist <bqt at softjar.se> wrote:
>
> I have never seen it either, but I would say it has to be at least phase III, since the latest DECnet release for RSX do have notes about compatibility with DECnet-RT. And RSX is phase IV, and that phase IV implementation does not talk at all to phase II nodes.
>
>  Johnny

That rings a bell.  I distinctly remember DECnet/RT being described as "end node only".  That's a Phase III term, it doesn't mean anything for a Phase II node.

As a Phase III node it would be DDCMP only.  I don't remember if it supports any synchronous interfaces, and whether DMC-11 support was included.  If it had DDCMP in software (which you'd need for async ports) then allowing that to talk to sync interfaces like the DUP-11 would not be a  big stretch.

	paul