[HECnet] DECnet-RT?

Robert Armstrong bob at jfcl.com
Fri Mar 27 08:47:33 PDT 2020

> Paul Koning <paulkoning at comcast.net> wrote:
>As a Phase III node it would be DDCMP only ...
> I don't remember if it supports any synchronous interfaces ...

  There are no device drivers included with RT11 for anything that I
recognize as a synchronous interface, so I would assume it only supported a
standard asynchronous serial port.

  But that's another curious thing - there ARE drivers included with RT11
for the DEUNA, DEQNA and the Pro series Ethernet NI.  What was the point of
those?  Did DEC think people would write their own networking software?

Bob