[HECnet] Bringing up a MicroVAX 3100-80

John H. Reinhardt johnhreinhardt at thereinhardts.org
Mon Mar 30 21:25:19 PDT 2020

On 3/30/2020 10:59 PM, Ray Jewhurst wrote:
> I haven't tried burning but I used p7z through File Roller on a Linux Mint system. I have only used it as an image on Simh. I am not at my computer tonight but if you need it tomorrow I can get you a checksum on the unzipped image.
>
> Ray

Okay. Maybe it's a difference between Linux and macOOS.  I downloaded the file from WInWorldPC.  The actual file came from someone named "Ricky" in Germany.  The file downloaded was "DEC VMS 5.5-2H4 (Jul 1993) [VAX] (ISO).7z"  I ran it through "TheUnarchiver" and it produced a folder with two files.  A txt file and "VMS 552h4 VAX.iso". I tried burning that ISO file but then I get the disk image is invalid error.

I'll have to get a copy of SimH running on my Mac and see it it can read the ISO.