[HECnet] Bringing up a MicroVAX 3100-80

G. gerry77 at mail.com
Tue Mar 31 06:52:44 PDT 2020

On Tue, 31 Mar 2020 01:00:08 -0400, Supratim Sanyal wrote:

> Also, even if I get to a point where I boot into standalone backup, how
> am I to fix the problem with DKA100's contiguity issue?

Recent OpenVMS VAX installation CD-ROM volumes have both the standalone
backup (on root 0) and a limited DCL environment (on root 1). Choose the
latter and see if you can run COPY from there (I have never tried it).

See for example section 3.1.3 at the following link:
http://h30266.www3.hpe.com/odl/vax/opsys/vmsos73/vmsos73/6630/6630pro_002.html

HTH, :)
G.