[HECnet] Proxy to VMS?

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Fri May 1 05:32:38 PDT 2020

I've run into a glitch with the map maker, which wants to make NICE connections to other nodes without authentication information.  Depending on the OS, there is a notion of "default account" or "proxy", and I expected that to work when I send the connect request off without any username/password content.

Apparently that's wrong for VMS, and I very vaguely remember this but not what to do about it.  On VMS, how can you set up a network object to allow access without a password?  If you do this, what is required in the connect request coming in?

	paul