[HECnet] Proxy to VMS?

Robert Armstrong bob at jfcl.com
Fri May 1 07:20:09 PDT 2020

>  On VMS, how can you set up a network object to allow access without a
password?

  The short answer is - when you go thru the NETCONFIG dialog, there are a
series of questions about "do you want a default DECnet account" and "do you
want default access to the xxx object?", where NML is one of the objects
listed.  You have to answer YES to those questions.

>  If you do this, what is required in the connect request coming in?

  No idea, but I have a VMS system and we can see what it does.

Bob