[HECnet] Proxy to VMS?

Thomas DeBellis tommytimesharing at gmail.com
Fri May 1 10:13:15 PDT 2020

I'm not sure I know the exact details of proxy access.  What I know is
that the NICE subsystem (NCP/NMLT20) on Tops-20 can be configured to
accept unauthenticated commands from another node. TELL will do it and
you can change the default executor.  For example, from VENTI2 to TOMMYT:

NCP>tell TOMMYT:: shoW exECUTOR chARACTERISTICS

12:40:17     NCP
         Request # 99 Accepted

12:40:17     NCP

Request # 99; Show Executor Node Characteristics Completed

Executor Node = 2.520 (TOMMYT)

   Identification = Tommy Timesharing
   Management Version = 4.0.0
   CPU = DECSYSTEM1020