[HECnet] FW: More NRT --> VMS and others

Thomas DeBellis tommytimesharing at gmail.com
Tue May 5 11:26:18 PDT 2020

Unless you have my (experimental) patch to SETHOST,  the test below will
give you a false negative as the remote host is checked for 36 bitness
and that specific message is given.  This is case with the default PANDA
nor the current DEC distribution.  If you remove the test, you get the
following results for RSX and VMS.

!g new:sethost
!staRT (PROGRAM)
% Do not have Control-C capability, proceeding...
Escape character(^Y):
Host name: MIM
[Connecting to remote host: MIM]
[Remote system is running RSX-11M]
[Connected: type ^Y to return to node VENTI2]

Back at node VENTI2, connection broken -  Reject or disconnect by object
!staRT (PROGRAM)
% Do not have Control-C capability, proceeding...
Escape character(^Y):
Host name: LEGATO
[Connecting to remote host: LEGATO]
[Remote system is running VMS]