[HECnet] Cisco DECnet routers and NML

Thomas DeBellis tommytimesharing at gmail.com
Tue May 5 15:37:19 PDT 2020

Oh, there's hardly any need for such language; they'll pretty much do
what you want if you threaten them with payment.

For residential offerings, which what Paul probably has, certain ports
are blocked for your 'benefit'; 25 being one of them for one of the
local carriers here.

So naturally I called up and whined about it to be promptly referred the
commercial offerings department whose basic business model appears to be
"Bring your wallet".  But a lot less was done for you (or to you).

I only know of one carrier here who will let you do whatever you want;
but they're great--no DHCP nonsense: you get a static IP for the same
price.  I used them for years until I moved to an area where they didn't
have service.  Darn near broke my heart...